We seek to fund startups with committed founders who are dedicated to bringing an innovation to market and who have a clear need for seed funding in order to achieve their goals.
WeissFund is a student-run venture capital group that provides seed funding to student entrepreneurs. Founders have limited access to resources while bootstrapping their companies on campus, since they need capital but their companies are most often not developed enough to raise institutional funding. Thus, WeissFund bridges a gap in the market by providing grants that give student founders access to the resources they need to develop prototypes, reach their target market, and find product-market fit.
We support Penn founders who are dedicated, passionate, and attacking viable market opportunities. Our funding and resources enable our portfolio companies to build out their products, acquire pilot customers, and secure angel or pre-seed funding.
- Access to a strong network of founders, VCs, and talent
- Alumni founders are happy to help portfolio companies
- Host dinners with the Weiss Tech House entrepreneurial network
- Meet with and pitch to top-tier VCs
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Run pitch improvement sessions
- Host workshops on hiring, marketing, sales, strategy, and leadership
- Provide pitch deck feedback and pitch practice sessions
- PR & Hiring Assistance
- Provide marketing and PR through our media channels
- Connect you to a strong network of talent for onboarding new team members
- Portfolio companies have access to workspace at the Weiss Tech House. As our companies grow, we want to help them find office spaces that will accommodate their needs
- Continued Support
- WeissFund can provide follow on funding for portfolio companies as they hit new growth points
- Can introduce to top-tier VC and accelerators for development/ later equity funding